Monday, March 5, 2007


Moving to Indiana




We were only in our newly built home in American Fork, Utah for seven months when we decided to take the job opportunity in Indiana. John had to start working in Indiana the first of August. We soon found out that because the house wasn't sold and our insurance wouldn't cover me in Indiana that we were going to be separated for a while. I would stay back with Hailey, the house and our unborn child and he would leave to Indiana to work. It wasn't easy being separated, especially because I was sick the ENTIRE pregnancy with Kate and because Hailey had become an active little toddler. I also had a huge fear that I was going to go into labor and have Kate by myself. Thanks to all of our family and ward we were able to pack everything up and get it to Indiana. Hailey and I moved into John and Arlene's basement in Alpine for about a month until I had the baby.


John and I flew back and forth to see eachother as often as we could. I don't think I will fly alone, eight and a half months pregnant, nauseated, with a toddler on my lap, in the middle seat of an airplane, with people on both sides of me, EVER AGAIN if I can help it!!!

Soon after we had moved into Grandma and Grandpa's basement I found out that I had high blood pressure and was put on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. I felt so bad because Hailey wanted me to play with me. Arlene made sure I stayed in bed and helped me take care of Hailey (even though she had just had foot surgery!!). We couldn't have done it without the help of the Rigby and Heiner families. My blood pressure was still high about three weeks before my due date so my doctor induced me on October 20th. John made it to the hospital in time all the way from Indiana, but almost missed the birth because he left to get my diaper bag in Alpine! I progressed faster than he thought!

Hailey was so worried about me while I was in labor. She would come up and kiss my hand and hug my arm to make sure I was ok.



Kate was born October 20th 2006 (almost three weeks early). She weighed 5 pounds 15 ounces and was 17 inches long.

Hailey was so excited to have a baby sister!!
After the birth of Kate, John headed back to Indiana. Hailey, Kate and I went to Rexburg for a while to recuperate and visit the Rigby family. We had so much fun! We loved taking pictures at Halloween.






We had fun eating with the Rigby family and Uncle Ryan before we left.


We went up to Grandma and Grandpa Heiner's home the night before we left to Indiana to say goodbye. We can't thank you enough for taking care of us while John was in Indiana!

Nana and Grandpa Rigby helped us so much. Grandpa drove us all the way to Utah from Rexburg, and Nana helped us the rest of the way on the plane to Indiana. I couldn't have done it without everyone's help!


After a long and eventful time apart it was so good to see John as he picked us up at the airport. Hailey saw John and would not let him go. I tried to get her to come to me and she wouldn't. She loves her daddy.

No comments: