Sunday, December 2, 2007

TAG...

Melanie…

…has a secret addiction to McDonald’s Big Mac hamburgers… which is pretty weird considering I absolutely detested the place before I got pregnant. I mean, I would go there occasionally with friends and order a chicken sandwich, but never a hamburger. I was never a huge fan of red meat growing up and then the second I got pregnant I couldn’t get enough of it. Instead I couldn’t eat chicken. I now love all food, but I sure wish I could kick the McDonalds habit (I am slowly realizing how sick I feel after I eat it!)

Melanie…

…unintentionally memorizes lines from movies after sometimes only watching them once. I will come out of a movie with John and recite my favorite parts to him only to have him ask, “How many times have you watched it?” My most recent favorite memorized movie lines come from Elf.
Papa Elf: Silly as it sounds, A lot of people down south don’t believe in Santa Claus.
Buddy: What??! Who do they think puts all their toys under the tree?
PA: Well, there’s a rumor floating around that the parents do it.
Buddy: That’s ridiculous!
Buddy: What about Santa’s cookies? I suppose parents eat them too?
PA: Yeah, I know, We have an energy crisis on our hands, look at how low the Claus ometer is.
Buddy: That’s shocking!


Melanie…

…has a secret love/hate relationship with Carrie Underwood. Don’t get me wrong, I love her music probably more than anything else right now. I secretly hate that she is so talented and gets to sing country music as her life’s profession. I would never replace my role as a mother, but if I were asked what I would do if I wanted a profession on the side, it would be to sing country music. It doesn’t help my relationship with Carrie that any time we see her on t.v. I ask John, “Do you think she is pretty?” John says, “No, you are pretty, and then jokingly responds, but she isn’t ugly.”

Melanie…

…has always loved chocolate covered cinnamon bears. My favorite places to get them are at the BYU bookstore in Utah and Porter’s in Idaho. Two places very far from here! For some reason I have a hard time finding them here!


Melanie…

…broke her finger playing powder puff football. Silly as it sounds, I had to have surgery to place pins in my finger to make sure it healed straight. Although I love watching football (GO COLTS), I will leave the actual playing of the sport to professionals.

Melanie…

…can’t get enough of her nightly bath. Believe it or not I take a bath every night, even if it is 2:00 in the morning. People still tease me that I take baths everyday, but I have come to the realization that they give me much needed time to myself. My two requirements while in the bath:
Any book
The water has to be REALLY HOT!

I TAG...
Anyone who wants to do this!

7 comments:

Chantri said...

Oh chocolate covered cinnamon bears are my favorite…in fact I just bought some and I really have to keep myself from oinking them down in one day! I have also attempted making them and they turned out pretty good. I love & hate Carrie Underwood as well…I would absolutely love to sing country music, although I don't have a voice like her or you! I keep wanting to ask you when you are going to put a CD out?…like church music or something, I miss hearing your beautiful voice.

Rachel said...

I know what you mean about C.Underwood, I feel that same way, not that I want to sing country, but I just want to sing something, anything but nursery rhymes and primary songs LOL. I can't find cinnamon bears here either, I don't like the chocolate ones, but every time I go to Utah I have to load up my suitcase with some. I find that more than about 10 and I get a major headach! Oh, and to clarify, are you pregnant right now? I mean, did you CONTINUE to like hamburgers after you had Kate or are you pg with #3 and neglected to tell me? Rachel

Harper said...

MEL!

What a fun post!

#1) I would totally buy any cd you put out, be it country, rock-and-roll, Broadway, anything. You are an amazing singer. And as for looks, Miss Underwood ain't got NOTHING on you, lady!

#2) I love that you love red meat, especially McDonald's. Knowing this justifies my own weakness for McDonald's fries. :) I used to love Arby's roast beef sandwiches. I had a craving for them after I had my gallbladder surgery out. And then I discovered a fingernail in one of my sandwiches ...

... I'm not going there.

#3) You would be great friends with my in-laws and my husband. Their minds are like movie-line sponges!

#4) Powder-puff football. Ah, the memories. Our sophomore year game was an interesting experience for me. I'd just had my braces removed, and I was especially proud of my beautiful, straight teeth.

Enter Katie Walker. Remember her? She was a year older than we were, and she was a very "aggressive" powder-puff player.

Long story short, she punched me square in the teeth and used some choice explitives. I thought she'd punched my teeth out! Luckily that was NOT the case, and I came away with all my teeth and a slightly bruised ego. Those were the days!

It was fun reading all these facts about you! You're amazing and a lot of fun! :)


~ Terrah :)

NickandCorie said...

Hey John, I didnt know that you moved back to Indiana. you have a cute fam you are blessed We wish you the Best Christmas (call me we can hang out)jk maybe when you are in town. Nick

Arlene Heiner said...

I never could figure out this tag things but it was such fun reading. Thanks for taking the time to share all those things. I can't beleive you can memorize so many line. I forget what the movie was about the minute I leave. Maybe it's my age. Just a note--you sing better than Carrie and you are prettier too.

Nash said...

I am also bath obsessed, and only HOT water will do. I even drain the tub sometimes and fill it again with HOT water. Nice to know I'm not alone. I don't always read because my arms get cold being out of the water. I don't usually stay in too long which is kind of a waste I guess. Happy BATHING to you!

The Sullengers said...

You just need to dip your own cinnamon bears. It isn't hard and you get them whenever you want! I really liked your tag - I learned some new things about you!