Monday, October 17, 2011

A Party to Remember


 I think everyone has a child that can think of nothing but his or her birthday party ALL year long. For me that child is Kate. I love this about her.
 The minute her fourth birthday party ended in Indiana she knew exactly what kind of a party she wanted for her fifth birthday....and we haven't stopped hearing about it since. So I guess I went all out this year and we invited Rapunzel as a special guest. It was a complete success! Ok, Rapunzel got interrupted by Kate at least eight times while she was trying to tell a story, but I really thought it was cute while at the same time laughing in embarrassment.  You had to be there but some of the questions she asked completely interrupting her included, "Does your hair really glow when you brush it?", "Are you really married?", "Do you really live in a castle?", "Does Flynn Ryder live with you in the castle?" "Does Mother Gothel live with you?", "Do you have a little Pascal on you shoulder?"
 Basically Kate is a hoot. After the party she looked me straight in the eye and said, "This was the best party I've ever had!" She gave me a big hug and a kiss too. I love you Kate. You're five years old!
 Thank you Lisa for all of your hard work. I couldn't have done it without your help!





Staring in awe!!



















15 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

What a darling birthday party! I am so impressed at all the clever ideas you had--from the front door to the cupcake holder to the story time. You just didn't leave a thing out! She definitely will never forget this party!

Denise Rigby said...

All I can say is WOW!!!! Okay I can say a ton more really. What a party! I love Kate's expression as she studies out Rapunzel when she is reading the storybook. I love seeing Lilly in the midst of all the kids watching her as well.I love that Lisa and Ella were there and that Addie and Jane could help.Lilly,Hailey and Kate's pics with the princess are so beautiful! I'm so glad you went all out! The tower, cupcakes and all the balloons were amazing! Actually YOU are amazing! Love you MOM

Charlotte said...

What a great party! Kate must have been in 7th Heaven! Great job Melanie!

Ang said...

Holy cow Mel! Your party rocked! Lets just say I'm really glad that even though A loves Rapunzel right now she only wanted a Hello Kitty party. Because yours blew mine out of the water! Kate's such a lucky little girl. Hard to believe they're both five now!!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

What a darling and fun birthday party! Rapunzel has certainly been popular with the little girls. Just in the last two months, I have given Tangled dresses to three of my granddaughters on their birthdays.

P.S. Your Rapunzel really made the party, I'm sure, along with the cake! You did a great job, Melane, with following out "the orders."

The Kleyn Family said...

That party was incredible ...the details ...so cute!!! What a lucky, lucky girl!!

Logan and Lisa said...

We had so much fun. Thanks Mel for such a fun weekend. Love you guys.

Beverly said...

What a party to remember for sure. I loved all the costumes, the braided hair on the outside door, the cake and especially loved seeing the party girl shed a few tears in between the magic of the moment. Every party girl can cry if they want to. Great job on the party!!

Aubrielle said...

super cute! That "Rapunzel" looks like a girl I went to HS with...

Rachel said...

So cute, I love the girls' adoring faces, they don't take their eyes off Rapunzel. So sweet!

Meg said...

And this is why you win best mom award! I love it Mel!! Seriously the photos are so adorable!

Edwards Family said...

WOW! That is the most awesome creative cake I have ever seen! Did you make it? Such a cute party! I love kate's questions, she is so cute! Miss you tons!

SaysMindy said...

I am 20 years old and even I would have loved that party!!! Looks amazing.

MadsaboutU said...

My daughter is exactly the same way...she had an Ariel party for her 4th, we brought in Princess Ariel of course and had it at the aquarium. The day of her birthday she told me how it would be so great if she can be Rapunzel the year after. It is coming up soon and I am glad to see I am not the only one, lol. I love the ideas you brought in. Btw, you have beautiful little girls. Great job.

aida blanchardie said...

I like your blog !
How wonderfoul is the cake!
I follow you :)
xxx from Spain!

http://monpetitsecret25.blogspot.com.es/