Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sleeping Beauty



I just had to snap a quick picture of Hailey wearing her princess shoes in bed. She insists on wearing them everywhere, including during nap and bedtimes.
I always thought the whole princess thing was kind of tacky until I had little girls. Now I have to admit I LOOK for princess stuff for her because she loves it so much. Everyday I hear, "Mommy, I go see princessessesess and princess castle." She is intrigued by ANYTHING princess!! We own Little Mermaid but I feel bad I haven't even rented or bought Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast or Cinderella. I guess she will see them eventually and they might even be a little scary for her in some parts.
Anyhow I love that she is as girly as can be. She won't even wear pajamas if they don't look like a dress (hence the pink nightgown, we only own one and she had a breakdown when I had to wash it. I guess that goes to show you how little kids need to be happy).


Just had to show you the shot of Hailey's princess bandaid.


By the way, Kate is in love with our little pink chair too. It scared me the first time I saw her sitting in it, just as relaxed as can be because she looked too grown up!


This is just moments before Hailey threw Kate off the chair because she wanted it.



3 comments:

The Van Leuven Family said...

Your girls are so incredibly cute! I love your blog and it's so fun to be able to watch your little family grow.

Hanna said...

That last picture made me laugh! I can almost see her getting ready to take over the chair. The girls are just darling and I love how girly Hailey is. Adeline is all dresses and pink. We've recently brought the very stylish jeans-under-the-party-dress look to all parts of Mexico. I wish I could say it was getting rave reviews, but most people just look confused. To be honest, its our compromise; Addie gets to wear a dress, and no one has to see her underwear as she jumps, flips, climbs and rolls around the various places we visit.

Girls are fun, eh? :p

Meg said...

Mel, I hate to say it but Hailey for sure takes after her mom :-)