Monday, June 9, 2008

One Clean Room....Or So It May Seem


Today Hailey wanted to play house in her room. I said that was great but maybe should should clean her "house" (her room) so we could have a tea party. She thought that was great so she went in her room alone and shut the door.
She then yelled, "I'm ready, come over!"
I knocked on her door, and when she opened it I saw this. (look at the photos above) Pretty clean right? I didn't get a before the mess photo but it was bad because she dumped out all of her dress up clothes. I praised her and told her what a good job she had done cleaning up "her house".
Well I opened her closet and found this.......


The cutest part was right after I opened the closet door (adorned in her Cinderella dress no less) she said, "You're the wicked stepmother, so tell me I made a big mess and that I need to clean it up!"
I told her I couldn't get mad at her for trying so hard to clean her room. Plus, how could a smile like this NOT melt your heart!

9 comments:

. said...

She does have the cutest smile! She has such a fun little personality.

Ang said...

Oh I miss her! And you. :)

Jess said...

haha that's awesome! what a smart little girl.

Anonymous said...

Hailey is such a pretty princess! I wish I was right there playing house! Kate you are a pretty princess too!
Love, Mom and Dad Rigby

Arlene Heiner said...

Okay, that was the cutest ever. There is nothing like a little girls. Kids can frustrate us at times but the laughs and the giggles so out weigh any rough times. Thanks for sharing

Tim and Wendi said...

Mel,
Thanks you so much for the outfit and cute shoes. He has an outfit that will match the crocs perfectly! That was so nice of you!
I remember cleaning my room like that when I was little. Your little girls are just so cute.
Thanks again!

Logan and Lisa said...

Mel that is hilarious. You never know what Hailey is going to do next. What a cutie!

Robert and Lindsay said...

How sweet. It's kind of embarassing but I still clean my room that way sometimes :)

Rachel said...

Hey Mel...
Sorry I haven't called you back...I usually use my cell phone for long distance (I don't have a long distance plan at all on my home phone) but I haven't been able to find my charger. Anyway, I hope your throat feels better...Mason's lasted about 4 days, it was REALLY sore but then it got better really fast, in about one day. email me at rachelbeck@bellsouth.net with any other questions. Love Rachel