Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Day that will Live in Infamy...
Hailey's First Dance Class

To say that Hailey loves to dance would be a huge understatement. This girl eats drinks and breathes anything to do with dancing. Hailey's usual attire consists of a leotard, ballet shoes and tights. I'm not kidding, if we have to go anywhere I have to fight her to put on normal clothes. (normal clothes to her is always a skirt, she will not where pants to save her life). The second we walk in the door from running errands I begin to see a trail of clothing and in minutes she is in a dance outfit. She sleeps in her dance outfits most of the time because I just don't have enough energy at the end of the day to make her do otherwise.
It was fun showing Hailey a few ballet moves, (first and fifth positions). She has caught on quickly and enjoys showing people what she can do. I have yet to have a day go by where she didn't say to me, "Mommy, I will go to ballet class, on the bus, and you stay here alone."
My sweet little baby is growing up too fast. It will be fun to see if she enjoys dance class as much as she loves dancing in the living room! I guess we will see.







Hailey showing off her skills....(first position, for those of you who dance)

Hailey was so excited to pack her dance bag. She has been carrying it around for days!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

She is so adorable. I hope Kamrie has the same love for dancing. I will be intrested to see what she learns. see you soon.

Chantri said...

OH if that's not the cutest thing, I don't know what is! I miss that girl! She's so full of personality- just makes me giddy inside thinking of her!
I can't wait until Boston is old enough to do dance. It's pretty funny when they get so independent and want to do their own thing without Mom...but kinda sad at the same time!

Cortney said...

I love it! It is so fun to see the personalities that are so strong in these little people. She is a beautiful dancer!

Anonymous said...

Dear Melanie,
How darling! Little Hailey getting ready for her first official dance class. I can still remember your first ballet class with Melanie Schwendiman. Of course you were the cutest dancer in the class. Hailey is just following in her Mother's
"dance steps!" Love,
Mom and Dad Rigby

Hizzeather said...

Please have John send me an email so I can invite him to read our mission blog. hmorris@sycr.com

Thanks!

~Heather

Philip and Melissa said...

She's just a mini you! Make sure she sings like a little bird then she'll officially be you!

Tiff and Dave said...

What a cute little dancer! I have Brynlee in gymnastics, but haven't figured out the best dance place yet! Sooo cute! Did you hear Julie got a baby girl? I went and saw her a couple of months ago! She is such a darling baby, and it was so fun to catch up with Julie!

Emily said...

hey! got your message, sorry I didn't get to call you back. I'll just look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow! If anything changes, let me know. I work from 1-9:30