Wednesday, September 3, 2008

OPRAH!!!!
I can officially cross it off my bucket list

Do any of you have a list of things you want to do before you "kick the bucket" (AKA bucket list)? Well attending Oprah live was on my list. When my sweet high school friend announced on her blog that she had some extra tickets I told her I would drive to Chicago in a heart beat. After her 13th try on the phone she finally got through (some people wait years on a waiting list).
It was a great opportunity for John to take care of things on the homefront while I caught up with a friend that I hadn't seen in six years and attended a live showing of Oprah!!!!! We wore super bright colors and ended up on the second row!!! Look for us on September 15th! Although the topic wasn't exactly what we would have liked (Substance Abuse), we still had a blast! The topic was still very interesting. It was just a cool experience all around. Oprah interviewed Tatum O'Neil and Lisa Ling. We were literally a couch length away from Oprah! It was so fun to see Emily Erickson and meet her friend Alicia too! During a commercial break it was hilarious when Oprah jumped up, kicked her shoes off and said, "I have gotta pee in the worst way!"
Thanks again Megan for such a fun time! Any time you want to visit the exciting state of Indiana let me know!


This is Megan's apartment! Awesome!

9 comments:

Chantri said...

HOW FUN Is THAT! That is awesome that you and Megs got to go together!:) I can't wait until it airs so I can see you two!

Meg said...

MEL... I loved seeing you so much! Thanks again for driving all the way down... LOVED IT!

emily said...

I just wanted to say thanks for your comment. I actually think of how you are doing too, since you were like the first person I knew after moving here - although you moved out almost right after. But now I can keep updated...and I will have to remember sept 15th for Oprah!

Sharp family said...

FUN FUN FUN! what a fun outing! Big shout out to John ! Job well done, I talked to him on the phone while you were gone and there were no crying kids in the back ground the whole time!(who knows where they were :)! but that none the less-peace and quite! Please share your secrets with me! I am glad you had fun Mel! you deserve a fun little Opra outing! Can't wait to see you! ( I left hailey a little comment from her auntie on her first day of school post!)

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Hi Melanie,
Long time no speak. I know we were just getting to know each other when you moved from A.F. I appreciate all the help you rendered to me. You are very kind and I am glad I found your blog.... Hope you remember who I am??

The Great Lakes of NY said...

Melanie, I LOVE your blog! I look at it all the time and never comment...but I wanted to tell you how sweet the birthday video for John is. Your family is so adorable!

Michelle and James said...

That is so AWESOME!!!! I have always wanted to go to Oprah. I am so excited for you. I will watch can't wait to see it.

Logan and Lisa said...

Your so lucky! That is so fun you got to go. All of us girls should try to plan a trip to go together someday. Hey let me know when you guys are coming to Utah this month. I want to try to come and see you guys.

Hanna said...

How fun is that?! I think Chicago is just about the coolest city in America, so that is fun anyway - but then to add Oprah on top. Super cool! Why don't you AND Jon AND the girls plan a trip to Puerto Vallarta sometime in the next nine months and my fam and I will meet you there.