Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Family Home Evening

 I always enjoy Family Home Evening, no matter how crazy the kids get. I look forward to Monday nights when we can all be together, sing songs, and share a quick (and I do mean quick) lesson about how we can be more like Christ. I especially love my magnet/dry erase board made by my amazing sister-in-law Rebecca. 
The Friend magazine is always loaded with fun ideas and stories. I was reading this story about a yellow dress in this month's Friend that I knew my girls could really relate to so I shared it with the family. After the lesson and prayer we asked Hailey if she would be willing to give one of her dresses to someone that needed it more than she did. Her response was, "Nooooo, I need my dresses!"  I thought that maybe it was asking a lot from a three year old until the next day out of the blue she went straight to her Daddy with her nice Gap dress no less and said, "I want to give this dress to a little girl."  
Lesson learned....


Click HERE for the Yellow Dress Story....

8 comments:

Sharp family said...

Oh sweet girl! You think they might not be getting it during those "crazy" FHE nights, but they do! That is what I tell myself when I am giving mine and Miya is hanging from the rafters!

Kasi said...

aw, that is so sweet! We have been faithfully having FHE for a few months now and I am amazed at how wonderful it has been! Makes you think it was inspired or something...:)lol

Amber said...

how cute! They understand more than we think. What a good idea, I need to be better about FHE. Thanks for that:)

Arlene Heiner said...

Make sure you write that one down. Priceless. By the way, tell John we still have that table my mom and dad got for their wedding, it is downstairs by the pool table.
Good job on the FHE

Emily said...

That is a sweet story. I've learned I can never under-estimate how much children want to do right. The are truly pure little spirits from heaven.

Jess said...

oh my gosh that is the sweetest thing i've ever heard! good job at being and awesome mommy! i hope i can do it!

Philip and Melissa said...

You're such a sweet mom, mel. what a fabulous example you are.

Charlotte said...

Oh, Hailey is such a sweetheart! I'm glad the story went over so well. :)

P.S. I found your blog when I checked Heathelyn's this morning. Very cute!