Monday, April 6, 2009

My Own Little Corner

 I am pretty obsessed with being organized lately. Maybe I am in the early nesting stages but I seriously open a drawer or a cabinet, see a mess, get frustrated, dump it out, and organize it. My office closet has bothered me for a while now. I am kicking myself that I didn't take a BEFORE picture but to put it simply, it was messy. Just like every closet in my home there are NO shelves! I wanted something different than the same wire shelves and frankly, I am not good with a hammer and nail. If you had seen what this closet looked like before you would understand why I am ecstatic right now. I feel like I just did an extreme home makeover to my closet. 
 While I was at Target I found these amazing storage units! They are actually just plastic cubes that click together! (click here if you want to check them out) They are pretty cheap and super easy to assemble (for those of us who don't have an Ikea close this will have to do). I seriously love them and I feel like a NEW woman! It is amazing what a clean room can do. Because I don't have a craft room I thought I would put our old table and chair in the closet so that I can work on a project and shut the door to keep the kids out. 



 They work great for toys in kids closets!
 Ok, so I got a little carried away this week, but I stuck wheels on the bottom of this storage bin and Whalllaaaaah I have a perfect container for my sewing stuff to roll around on. It fits perfectly in my coat closet where I store my sewing machine!

7 comments:

Logan and Lisa said...

Mel- the closet looks amazing! I love the red boxes. I am also glad to see that you are back to blogging and that you announced finally to everyone that you are pregnant. It is so fun we are having babies so close. I can't wait until they are here. Miss you guys!

Jess said...

dang mel good job! i am very impressed. i need some of those in alessandra's room to stack all of her toys. good idea.

bigsexy said...

I love the organization. I will have to get motivated and follow your example. By the way we are a little upset we found out about baby Heiner from your blog thanks for the phone call. Congrats! We are so happy for you. I think it is your turn to visit so call and lets set up a weekend that works.

Philip and Melissa said...

Oh how I love new organizing ideas...so cute mel!

Meg said...

I love how organized you are! Next....CONGRATS on expecting your next little one.. I'm so excited for you!!

Kate and Cole said...

What?! you're prego? I had no Idea! Congrats! That's awesome. That is so funny you've been organizing. I have been doing the same thing. My project right now is our unfinished basement where we keep all of our storage. I was just thinking today (while I was thinking how great of a job I was doing)I wish I would have taken a before picture! Your closet looks awesome. Getting organized is the best!

Michelle and James said...

That is awesome. It has inspired me to work on our office. I see more spring cleaning in our future. I also have figured out that when ladies take a good leave of abcesnce from blogging they must be prego. Congrats!!! That is awesome I hope everything goes well and you will feel better soon.