Thursday, January 14, 2010

Budding Artists

"Hailey's Rainbow" 4 years old


This makes me smile.
I hope I never forget the small things my kids do that brighten my day.
Hailey could sit at her desk for hours with a plain piece of paper and a crayon and be completely content.
Let's just say I keep paper, crayons, glue, and scissors in bulk.
Yes, I get about ten (no joke) of these a day (the first handed to me at 7:00 am on my bed), but I love em all. I have a hard time throwing any of them away.
Kate enjoys rolling her artwork up like a scroll and then letting it unroll in front of me to reveal her newest piece of art.
These are just a few of my favorites for today.





"Kate's Family of H's"


In true second child behavior Kate knows how to write H's (obviously because Hailey writes them all the time)  and not K's.

Another Family of H's
By: Kate Heiner




Christmas Day
By: Hailey Heiner

The rest of the artwork was drawn by Hailey. I love this Christmas tree and the two princesses!


"Mommy and Me"
By: Hailey Heiner




Hailey said the pink princess was me and the purple one was her.



 "Lots of Stuff"
By: Hailey Heiner
(A dog, a princess, a fish, an apple, a banana, a sun, and yes her name spelled backwards)





 "Mermaid"
By: Hailey Heiner



"Rapunzel"
By: Hailey Heiner


"Hailey's Hand, Four Years Old"
By: Hailey Heiner



"I'm a Princess"
By: Hailey Heiner



"Mermaid Babies"
By: Hailey Heiner

8 comments:

Sharp family said...

Okay, Hailey is the next up and coming artist in the Heiner Clan that's for sure. Love those pictures. And Kate-H is a pretty important letter. We love you

Anonymous said...

I love love love all the art work. Hailey and Kate are true artists! Thanks Melanie for posting them. You are a wonderful mother. love mom

Lisa said...

Oh Mel that so dang cute to see their drawings. They are little artists. I cannot wait to come out and see you guys. I am counting down the days until your birthday. (:

Kate and Cole said...

These pictures are so sweet. Ryker is the same way. He can color for HOURS! I love kids art. I keep all of it!

Anonymous said...

Dear Hailey and Kate,
Your pictures are so beautiful. I love every sing one of them. I can't wait until I can color and draw pictures with both of you. Keep up the good work.
Love, Nana Rigby

Gary said...

So cute! Great way to keep their pics on record without keeping all their artwork!

The Sullengers said...

What a great way to document those moments you don't want to forget!

Ryan,Erika,Kaylee and Khloe Pettersson said...

How cute!! I can't wait for that time to come! (I still have a year or two :o( ).