Tuesday, April 13, 2010

(POSTED BY JOHN)  "OHIO STEELIES"  This past Monday I decided to take an employee "Tiny" Tim on a little fishing trip.  Tim has also become a great friend and fishing buddy.  We headed to Steelhead Ally in Ohio just south of Lake Erie.  I had a blast and I am pretty sure Tim did too.  Now for all those haters out there, don't mock my tight waders - there is an explanation.  I "took one for the team" and turned over my comfy, baggy, Orvis waders to Tim while I rocked the spare pair.  Needless to say, they clearly didn't fit - so enjoy.


Central Basin Bait and Tackle in Vermillion, OH.  I love these little fishing stores.



First catch of the day.  We fly-fished most the time; however, we began by just floating spawn sacks down the current with a regular rod and real.  Fish on! - after landing this one, I knew it was going to be a good day.



Enjoying the River!



31" - This fish is a HOG!  Something to be proud of and Tim's first fish EVER on a fly-rod. 



Small Mouth Bass.  The steelhead spawn/run is coming to and end.  The steelhead will now run back out into Lake Erie.  One good indication that the spawn is drawing to a close is the smallmouth move in and can be caught on the river.



30" Steelhead.  Nice waders eh?  Hope I don't bust a seam.



Fish On!  - Look closely.



Tim's last catch of the day.  WOW!

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Mel-hey it's your old roommate, Alicia. I have a quick question for you but I don't have your email. Can you shoot me an email with your address when you get a minute? Thanks! mommywood314 at gmail dot com And the fish look great by the way.

Sharp family said...

WOW! Those fish are HUGE! Looks like you had a great time! That is awesome

Jess said...

Wow! nice job! don't lie...you loved them tight.

Denise Rigby said...

Love it! So proud we have a true fisherman in the family! My father, Melanie's Grandpa Radford would have loved that fishing spot.

Arlene Heiner said...

Wow, I's loved to have a little fish fry right now.