Friday, August 6, 2010


Vacation Part I
Idaho


  Wow. I don't know where to begin. I think first I need to write this down before I forget.
This was Kate's prayer almost the entire time we were in Idaho and Utah on vacation, "And bless we can go to Indiana soon."
 Yes, my little Kate has missed her home, the only home she has ever known, good old Indiana. We have been in Utah and Idaho for the past month. It has been an absolute whirlwind. 
 On June 23rd 2010 I started feeling super sick. I was showing our home in Indiana sometimes up to twice a day which was stressful to say the least. (we are moving back to Utah...surprise!!!) I think stress and nursing never mix for me. I ended up getting the worst case of mastitis I have ever had. I think this is my ninth time getting mastitis to date. Anyway, I couldn't keep my fever down after being on antibiotics and ibuprofen for 24 hours. I felt like death warmed over. I knew something was seriously wrong. I usually get better after a good dose of antibiotics. I drove myself to the ER at 3:00 in the morning, and had to be admitted because my fever wouldn't go down and my heart rate was out of control. I was in the hospital for three days!!! Thanks to morphine, fluids and antibiotics through an IV I was able to get better.  All the while we had an offer on our home and I needed to be packing. I was leaving June 29th for Idaho and Utah for a month and I didn't have one ounce of packing done. AHHHHH!!!
 Well, I recovered as best I could for the few days before my flight, and left John to do the rest. We ended up closing on our home on the ninth of July and John had to move and pack the entire home himself. I was in Idaho recuperating and I felt horrible not being able to help him, but it all worked out in the end thanks to our amazing ward and friends. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!!
 So long story short we are back in Indiana....for a while.  John is working for another month and a half until his new job starts in Utah.  
 It was strange not coming back to our home here in Indiana. It was somewhat hard for me, so you can imagine how hard it was on my three year old. Yes, the move has affected my little Kate the most. 
Whenever she got sad or tired on our trip she would always say, "I just want to go to Indiana." 
It broke my heart that I couldn't tell her that we were going back to our "real" home, but we WERE going back to Indiana. It was hard explaining that to a very stubborn and very homesick three year old. She is my little home body. Even when we make a trip to the grocery store after ten minutes she whines and pleads with me that she just wants to go home! 
 Kate had a hard time when we first got to our apartment here in Indiana. She didn't want to go to the bathroom and said,  "I want to go potty in Indiana." She wouldn't believe me that we really were in Indiana. 
A couple days after we got here she said, "This is really not Indiana. I don't like it here. Everything is not the same. Everyone likes our house so much and comes to our house and I'm not their friend." (referring to potential buyers when we showed our home.) 
 She is doing better now. Kate and I were both wearing necklaces the other day. She looked at me and said, "We both have necklaces, but they are different." 
 I told her, "But yours is very pretty."
 She said, "Yes." and then thought for a minute and continued..."It's like our house, it's different but I still like it." 
 So what's next? We are looking for homes in Utah and chillin' in an apartment here in Indy. I could get used to living in a small space with no t.v.  I have spent more time with my kids and less time consumed with cleaning, television, and worrying about dumb stuff. 
 Get ready for loads of pictures from our awesome month long vacation courtesy of my awesome mom.....  


























We flew into SLC and stopped by my sister's home in Pocatello on our way home. It was her birthday! Don't mind how disgusting I look. To my credit I did just fly from Indiana with three kids, by myself, three days after being admitted to the hospital. (cue violin music). 











Annie's first time meeting Lilly!


My chunky


























Thanks Mom for making the cutest Fourth of July baby skirts ever!































My Grandpa Rigby...We Love You!




































Ella's arm is dislocated in this picture, poor little thing.
























Rexburg, Idaho Temple











































Sorry, but this is just the beginning of the pictures....

4 comments:

Ang said...

Mel! You're moving to Utah! And you've already sold your house?! And you had mastitis again?! Dang girl, you've sure been through a lot this summer. And yet you still seemed to manage a good time on your trip. Can't wait to see you hopefully soon. Best of luck with everything and I'm excited to see how things go for your guys!

Aubrielle said...

Super cute! I'm happy for you, but I still wish that you'd stay here and craft with me! :)

Mason Manor said...

Wow Mel! It sounds like you have been going through a lot! I can't imagine having to do all of that! I hope you are able to find a home soon. Good luck in Utah. :)
Ashley

Hanna said...

WHAT?! Why do I feel sad that you're moving to Utah? I didn't even get a chance to plan a road trip to visit you yet and now you'll be too far away!! WAHHHHHH! I cannot believe what you went through with mastitis. I had never experienced it at all until Tru was about six months old - and I just got it again when Penny was a week. HORRIBLE - and to have had it so badly that you ended up in the hospital? Seriously, you're killing me. I love all the pictures. I am cracking up over your sweet cheeks sitting on the scale. I love those rolls and the pudge - it always makes me a little sad when they start walking around and slim down. We need to catch up !