Saturday, September 11, 2010


Off to Neverland!!



I cheated this year and celebrated Kate's birthday early. I figured since Indiana is the only home Kate has ever known that it was only fair to throw her a party with the friends that she has grown up with. We leave Indiana for good in five days!!!
When Kate said she wanted a Wendy and Peter Pan party I was probably more excited than she was (especially since she makes such a cute Wendy Darling).
John thought I was nuts at times because I had Peter Pan on the brain. I was constantly thinking of new things I could do to make it a fun party.  I think I have had way to much time on my hands in this apartment. But I wanted to do it for Kate. She deserved every second of preparation I put into it... and it was fun because she helped me every step of the way!!! Having Kate help me and seeing the look of excitement on her face when we talked about her party was the best part of the whole process! I love you Katie!
Can I just thank Nana Rigby right now for the absolutely "Darling" Wendy dress! She made it herself along with the amazing Tiger Lily dress!! Wow mom, you need to go into business. You made my whole party perfect, and the girls couldn't be happier!
Anyway, onto the party...
We had a blast finding hidden treasure, passing the crocodile, and walking the plank. We even made time to sprinkle fairy dust on ourselves while thinking of happy thoughts and "flying" off the bed.
Overall it was a success.
I am just going to miss all of the people in these pictures. Love you all!



The Preparation....








Tinkerbell, Tiger Lily and of course Wendy (who never looks at the camera)







The decorations....











The Cake...


















The Games....



















And overall the Friends...














































And next year.......


You betcha............. Rapunzel party. 


6 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

What a darling idea to have a Peter Pan party! And the outfits Denise made were adorable! The kids looked like they were having such a great time--especially Kate, so that's what it's all about!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Denise told me about making those costumes--she definitely needs to go into the business! What a fun, fun party! Good luck with your move.

Denise Rigby said...

I have been looking forward to Kate's Wendy Peter Pan Party forever! Thank-you for blogging about the party, it looked like everyone had a great time. Loved all the fun decorations, games and cake. You are "wonder mom", I shoud have made you a cape! Honestly, I loved creating the costumes, thanks for letting me be involved. Can't wait to see you and the family. love mom

Ang said...

SUCH a super cute idea for a party Mel! And you did a fab job of creating it. Your mom should go into business... those outfits are amazing. I still can't believe that Kate (Abby too) is going to be four! And I can not believe you're moving this week! Hope we get to see you very soon. Love ya!

Beverly said...

Melanie, you have always had such a fun imagination and now you are using it to inspire happiness with your girls. Nana Rigby must spend hours sewing and creating for her grand daughters and it really shows.

Rebecca said...

We are so sad we missed it. What a great job. Now you are closer, we expect some visitors now and then. Love you and miss you all.