Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Maui!!!!






From the waterfalls........




To the amazing pool.......




To the awesome hotel.....









To the mouthwatering food........









To the breathtaking ocean.....






To complete and utter relaxation....


To spending time with this stud muffin.... our trip to Maui could not have been better!!!


John has told me for years that because we only had two nights in Salt Lake for our honeymoon that we needed to take a trip somewhere for a "real" honeymoon. I thought our honeymoon was awesome, but John seemed to think that our location could have been better. 
Anyhow, John called me randomly one day and told me we were going to Maui. I obviously didn't believe him, but he was serious. We were gone for 7 nights and thank heavens for my amazing mom and the Rigby family for so graciously watching all three girls for the entire trip!!!! To the Rigby family, I am forever in your debt. (thank you Annie, Emily and Lisa for the cute swimsuit cover ups!)
To my sweet husband, I appreciated this trip more six years later than I ever could have as a newlywed. 
 I love you babe. Thanks for the vacation of a lifetime.








































































14 comments:

The Sullengers said...

That looks so heavenly! Great job to your husband!

Robert and Lindsay said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a blast! Mel.... You are beautiful!

Edwards Family said...

What an awesome trip! You look so happy, gorgeous and so relaxed! I'm glad you had a great time!

Heathelyn said...

Hawaii is so wonderful. You're making me miss it! lol. Glad you guys had such a wonderful time.

Logan and Lisa said...

Mel and John- I am so happy you guys got to go on your trip and be able to relax after your move to Utah. We had such a good time being with Hailey, Kate and Lilly while you guys were gone. Love all the pictures- It looked so gorgeous where you guys stayed and Mel you looked beautiful in all the swimsuits and cover-ups (:

Anonymous said...

Aww, love the pictures! (They bring back such amazing memories.) You SO needed some time to decompress...glad you were able to get some r&r! Can John call my husband?

-mary

Rebecca said...

Soooo jealous. We are going to New York this spring and I'm nervous to leave the kids, how did you do?

Harper said...

That is awesome, Melanie! You look so beautiful, and I think your braces are so cute! Really, I do.

Kudos to John on the Hawai'ian vacation! I am jealous! :)

What's your email address? We're sending you an invitation to our blog.

Aubrielle said...

Oh. I'm so jealous right now. You look beautiful. Your trip looked amazing. I'm dying over the food. I'll stop now...

Denise Rigby said...

I'm so happy you had such a great time. Loved all the pictures. You two needed a vacation and I loved watching my grandchildren!!!! Kiss Hailey, Kate and Lilly for me.

The Dunns said...

Melanie, I am Jealous!!! You are spoiled! It looks like you had a blast and you are beautiful! Miss you!

Denise Rigby said...

Loved that you two could get away together. LOVED....watching my little granddaughters even more!
Love you, MOM

Beverly said...

I'm so glad you are in Utah now. Maybe we can see you more often. Secondly, also happy you could go to Maui together. We were in Maui just a couple of months ago. Can't get any nicer than Maui.

Tiffany said...

Looks like a fabulous vacation! Mel, always have been and always will be a supermodel!