Tuesday, March 29, 2011


Flashback


Among the many cute things my Lilly does lately it is when she climbs into the sippy cup drawer that makes me smile. I can't help but be reminded of this picture of me as a baby. 



She has many other talents lately though, one of them being her skill of opening the fridge and helping herself to grapes and milk. She has become quite the talker lately too. Her favorite words being: mom, dad, NO, ba-ba (bottle), preee (pretty), hooo cow (holy cow), mow (more), I...U (I love you) and many others. My absolute favorite is when she says "Mom" over and over and over 15 times. For those of you who are familiar with Finding Nemo Lilly acts exactly like the pigeons that say, "Mine?" over and over and over.
I've decided it is her way of having a conversation with me. It goes much like this.... 
Lilly: "Mom."
   Me: "Yes, Lilly."
Lilly: "Mom."
  Me: "Yes, Lilly."
Lilly: "Mom."
  Me: "Yes, Lilly."
Lilly: "Mom."
Me: "What do you need honey?"
Lilly: "Mom."
Me: "Yes Lilly, I love you."
Lilly: "Mom."
Me: "Yes, Lilly."
Repeated at least five more times.




Love this girl.







Don't think she can't lift that gallon of milk three-fourths full....she can.




9 comments:

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Oh, how well I remember you as a baby, Melanie! Those were such cute comparison shots of you and Lilly (She seems like such a darling, happy little girl--just like you were.) It was great seeing you at the bridal shower on Saturday, along with your two oldest girls. You are such a wonderful little mother!!!

Denise Rigby said...

Love all the pictures! Lilly is a third child in birth order for sure. She gets the job done! Reaching in and getting what she needs out of the fridge is priceless! What a little doll. I can just hear her sweet voice saying Mom..Mom...Mom. With your reply everytime. What a little conversationalist. Thanks for blogging these moments. I still remember how I turned my stove drawer into a toy box. Life just speeds by. I love you sweetheart. MOM

Logan and Lisa said...

What a cutie pie. So excited to be with you guys in St george. See you soon.

Rachel said...

Too cute Mel! I love posts like this, that just give us a glimpse into every day life at your house. I'm trying to do that more with my blog too.

Ang said...

You were so "dang" cute as a baby Mel. Now your babies are so dang cute. I totally remember that carpet in your kitchen. Dang! :) (Miss you and hopefully we'll see each other someday!)

Charlotte said...

She is getting sooo big! And you were an adorable baby, Mel!

Arlene Heiner said...

That's our dear dear Lily.

Gage said...

holy crap she is getting so big. Seriously, how old is she now? Miss you.

Alison Wilde said...

Crazy I know, but I DO remember you as that darling little girl in the kitchen drawer. How fun that your little one enjoys the same place! Hope you guys are loving Utah!!