Wednesday, April 6, 2011


It's Summer


Ok, it's Spring but my four-year old doesn't know the difference.
 I love watching each of my kids. Each one so unique and different. Kate loves to cook and plant seeds, while Hailey loves to draw and create. Kate loves to pick out her own wardrobe while Hailey could care less what she wears (except for jeans, she thinks they are scratchy).
In true Kate fashion she stepped outside and noticed how warm it was and yelled, "It's summer, I need my summer dress and my summer hat!" 
She ran upstairs and came down wearing a very summer-like dress. She then proceeded to run down to the basement and came up with my straw hat. I was amazed with her sense of style, let alone where she found that hat in our unfinished basement (it is a train wreck down there).
There are not words to describe how much I loved just watching her blow bubbles and get excited to plant flowers. This little girl really knows how to enjoy life to the fullest. 
I love you Kate. 








7 comments:

Alison Wilde said...

Melanie---your girls are just adorable! You say they live life to the fullest, and I think they have a great mom to thank for that! You have always had such an optimistic personality, and I love it!!

Denise Rigby said...

I love how you are recording moments, as well as personality traits of your sweet little girls.
We love you so much and can't wait to see you in a few days!
Love, MOM and DAD

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Melanie, it was so fun seeing you and your girls at the shower! Each child is so different; Kate definitely has a unique spirit of her own! By the way, Melanie, you do a wonderful job with taking your pictures.

Rachel said...

I love it...and kudos to you for capturing it in photos and words! Thanks for sharing, it makes me feel not quite as far away.

Arlene Heiner said...

How did you get little Kate to pose? She is adorable-love her

Beverly said...

You took some darling photos of your sweet girls. You seem to really love your family and it shows. It was fun to see that Kate didn't even let the camera stop her from exploring in the dirt and you captured her day in the sun perfectly!

Harper said...

Kate sure is a cute girl! I love the straw hat. I'm with her: I hope it's summer!