Thursday, April 7, 2011

Big Project


See the desk on the left? It is a great piece of office furniture but why not paint it the color I want it if it is going in my craft room?  It took me forever but I finally finished painting it and here it is in all it's glory....


I can honestly say it turned out really well. My husband was against it from the beginning but he now agrees that it looks great. Thanks to Kristy, Hailey and Becca for pitching in! I love that I took the extra time to router out the wood panels on the cupboard doors and have glass put in. It gives it that final touch! I am obviously horrible at taking a "before" picture. The first picture was taken in Indiana when we were trying to sell our home. When I start a project I get so excited I forget to take a picture and remember half way through what an idiot I am. Oh well, you get the idea. 
Now to decorate the shelves and organize my craft stuff. 
More updates to come on my craft room!

10 comments:

Logan and Lisa said...

Mel- It turned out sooo beautiful. I wish I could have bought it when you were thinking about selling it. (:

Addie Sharp said...

You did AWESOME!!!!! I love it! I think we need to do a little shelf shopping!!!!!:)

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

it turned out amazing! looks great! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, we are super excited :)

The Sullengers said...

I love it! I can't wait till I have my own craft room! I'm dreaming of that day :)

Arlene Heiner said...

You did a great job on it-I can't wait to see the room decorated and complete. You are great and we are proud of you.

Arlene Heiner said...

What a cute picture of Kate at the top of your blog. She is growing up fast. Can't wait to see your post from your rexburg trip. The text picture was so cute of Kate with the puppy. Looking forward to hearing you sing tomorrow.

Aubrielle said...

OOOhhh! I like it! Can't wait to see you!

Denise Rigby said...

I love it! I am so proud of you and your amazing gifts and talents...I can't wait to actually be in that craft room creating with you and the girls making stuff. I need to donate some of my fabric that is going unnoticed. You'll find something to do with it for sure!!! MOM

Beverly said...

How did you ever find time to do this project with three little girls running around? I guess I remember finding time for projects but this one looked like one i may not have thought I could ever get done. Such a sense of accomplishment you must feel. it looks great.

Harper said...

The desk looks AWESOME! You are very talented!