Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving at the Heiner Home



I could easily write a book about all the fun things that happened this week but I decided to sum everything up in list.
My Favorite Thanksgiving Holiday Moments
(in random order)
1. My absolute favorite thing about this Thanksgiving...having Grandpa and Grandma Heiner and the Greers come to visit us all the way from Utah!!!!
2. Going to the American Girl Store in Chicago with Deb, Jane, Joy, Hailey and Kate. Although it was SUPER busy, we enjoyed every minute of it. Especially since the guys left us to shop and enjoy the store to our hearts content.
3. Watching all the kids play together.
4. Laughing our heads off while we all watched Oprah's Favorite Things episode (picture women crying, praising the heavens, screaming and jumping up and down). I would be excited too if I were them, it was just especially funny watching women (and men) go crazy for free stuff.
5. Learning how to make wheat bread, and eating it hot out of the oven with butter and honey!!! Thank you to Arlene, Deb and Mariann for teaching me how to make this bread. I am never going to buy bread from the store again! It is a simple recipe that only requires that you grind your own wheat. It is a healthy snack with only a half cup of oil in it!
6. Eating Thanksgiving dinner with everyone. I especially loved the Yams Deb made!
7. Laughing with everyone else as Hailey twirled around the house on her tiptoes with a new princess dress on (literally her 6th outfit change for the day). The whole family has now seen the true Hailey, a dress loving, princess obsessing cutie pie.
8. Watching Enchanted on Thanksgiving day at the theatre. Ok, LOVED THE MOVIE!!! Well, I should say that the reason I loved it is because I loved watching Hailey's expression as she watched the movie. She was in a trance because it was all about a princess...in a DRESS! It also had tons of fun music in it! Kate was so good throughout the entire movie we didn't have to take her out once! Of course Giselle is a bit annoying at the beginning of the movie, but that is what made it funny.
9. Looking at Joy and Kate and realizing they could easily be sisters. They look so much alike!
10. Going to the Children's Museum and watching the kids explore.
11. Watching John and Nick compete playing Madden.
12. Finding out that Deb and Arlene had scrubbed bathrooms, cleaned sheets, vacuumed and taken out the garbage before they left. You put me to shame! Thanks for all of your help!
Thanks everyone for coming to see us!!! I couldn't have imagined a better Thanksgiving. Same time next year??? Love you all.

Walking to the American Girl Doll Store in Chicago



In front of Mcdonald's in Chicago

This was the hugest Mcdonald's I've ever seen or been in!

I had to snap this picture of Hailey on Daddy's shoulders with her little dolly on her back!






The joys of the Children's Museum

Kate and Grandpa



Deb and sweet Joy



Hailey and Brigham


One of Hailey's outfit changes on Thanksgiving Day



Hailey and Jane



Arlene cooking up a storm!!







Grandma and Hailey
The kids fighting over the pink chair

Andrea and Abby




Going to the movie


Nick and John

Hailey and Uncle Nick say Good bye!
Deb and Mel
Jane, Hailey, Drew

8 comments:

Jess said...

ok so jelous!! everyone looked like they had so much fun! i didn't know you guys went to chicago too...i love american girl dolls! adorable.

Hanna said...

That looks like you had a GREAT time! I wish I could have been there. Your pictures are darling. I absolutely LOVE Chicago for shopping and fun. I wouldn't mind living there someday.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm so glad that you had such a great time with family during the Thanksgiving holiday. I loved looking at all the pictures. Hailey and Kate have some really cute little cousins!
Love, Mom Rigby

Rachel said...

That looks like so much fun! What a blessing to have family come visit! You are right, it's so obvious Joy and Kate come from the same "clan" but of course each with her own sweet look. I loved the pictures, it's fun to see more of Deb's kids since they don't blog (yet anyway!)
Rachel

Arlene Heiner said...

Good job on the Blog Melanie. You definately have to get it in a book. Your journal entries are great. It brought back so many memories. Thank you so much for everything we had a great time. Thanks for putting up with us. We love ya tons

Rachel said...

Hey Mel, I was just working on my Christmas card list and I don't have your mailing address...could you email it to me at rachelbeck@bellsouth.net

Love ya, Rach

Sharp family said...

It looks like you had alot of fun! I am so glad! I can't wait for you to come out here again! we miss you!
Love, Bec

Ang said...

Great post Mel. We had so much fun with you and your fam on TG. Thank you again for having us over. BTW, I need to get my camera from you. Lets get together soon. Call me.