Sunday, March 16, 2008

8 Things About Hailey and Kate
(I wasn't tagged, but I decided to tag myself!)


Hailey (three years)



One: Hailey has a sensitive heart just like her mommy. Whenever she sees me cry (for whatever reason) she gives me a big hug and sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star while tickling my face giving me a kiss and telling me, "It's ok mommy...I love you."

Two: When she was little and got excited about something she used to say, "That a good DAY!" (kid talk for: that's a good idea.) She has said the phrase correctly for a while now but I kind of miss the way she used to say it. It kind of makes me sad because she is growing up too fast!

Three: Hailey has a huge desire to always do what is right. When she has made a mistake or thrown a tantrum she sits quietly, looks at me with her big puppy dog eyes and says, "I'm sorry mommy, I didn't mean to."

Four: This girl is obsessed with princesses. Hailey came up to me the other day and said, "Mommy, dance with me." I told her I'd love to, and within two seconds she pulled away and said, "I have to go, it's nine o'clock...bye." She then proceeded up the stairs and left one small thing on the stair... you guessed it....a Cinderella slipper. (seriously, should I be worried)?
Five: Hailey loves ice cream more than anything. Our favorite outing is to get a McDonald's ice cream cone at the drive thru window.


Six: Hailey had jet black hair and lots of it when she was born and retained most of it but one small circle in the back of her head.(who woulda thunk she came from a mother with the thinnest and finest hair ever!) Her dark CURLY hair has always made me melt. One thing Hailey hates more than anything is to get her hair brushed, hence the reason we use a serious detangler and only wash it every other day! Styling it is serious drama.


Seven: Hailey loves it when babysitters come over. She calls them her friends! When we are at church she seeks each of them out and wants to sit by them!



Eight: Hailey loves to push the limits of bedtime so she can stay up and "nuggie" (snuggle) with her daddy. Her words are, "But Mom, I want to stay up and watch American Idol with you."

Kate (17 months)



One: LOVES her BINKY!!! The only time she will take it out is if she is eating. Needless to say she doesn't talk, but she is definitely one smart little cookie! I love this baby girl!

Two: Kate doesn't kiss like a normal baby. Instead of offering her lips, she offers her forehead. So yes, if you ask her for a kiss she will lean her forehead toward you for a nice head smackin' kiss. I hope this habit sticks when she is dating!

Three: Kate shakes her head no to almost everything! Lately, if I ask her for a kiss she says no....and then laughs. (She doesn't even offer her forehead anymore.)


Four: She can't wait to be in nursery at church!!! We walked past the nursery room today (she has been in a few times because I am the Primary Secretary and I have to hand out class rolls) and Kate banged on the door wanting to go in! She knew the exact door! She kept trying to pull at the door handle and when we didn't go in threw a fit crying and screaming right in front of the door. In one more month she will be old enough to play with Hailey in nursery. I can't believe my two girls are close enough to be in nursery.....together!



Five: This girl loves shoes!!! I know most little toddlers like them, but Kate LOVES them (especially when they aren't her own). She puts on Hailey's cowboy boots and walks around the house for fun. Her favorite pair at the moment would have to be Hailey's Mickey Mouse crocs (thank you Heather).



Six: Folds her arms during a prayer longer than any 17 month baby I've ever seen. She loves to fold her arms and then of course claps when it is over.




Seven: Is my smallest baby to date. She weighed 5 pounds 15 ounces, but she was also almost three weeks early. She is still a small little baby with tiny chicken legs.


Eight: This girl isn't afraid of strangers. We were sitting in church today and Kate made contact with a woman in the row behind us. She reached out her arms and proceeded to snuggle, completely relaxed, with this grandmotherly woman.

11 comments:

Philip and Melissa said...

I LOVE that she tickles your face and sings twinkle twinkle when you cry...what a sweet girl. Fabulous pics by the way!!!! :-)

Natalie said...

Hey Mel, it's Natalie Hansen Grundy, Lisa found my blog and then I found yours! Your girls are darling, I loved to read about them.

Edwards Family said...

Mel,
your girls are adorable and so much fun. john and I were talking about you guys the other day and thinking about how much fun we had last fall when we came to visit you guys, we thought it would be fun to come out there again sometime soon. Hope you are doing well.

The Van Leuven Family said...

Your girls are so beautiful! Olivia, like Kate, loves her binky and loves to fold her arms, but instead of keeping them folded she likes to cut us off in the middle of prayers by yelling "AMEN!"

Arlene Heiner said...

Wow, what a great journal entry for them to read when they grow. I love the simple little things--most of the time you forget about those things so I'm proud of you for writing them down and espeically for sharing them with us
Love ya

. said...

I don't know if you'll remember me, but I am Carly's friend from the BYU bookstore. I was blogsurfing and saw your blog on Car's. What cute little girls you have!
-Brooke (Bohon) Whipple

Logan and Lisa said...

Mel,
I love that you tagged the girls. It made me laugh reading about some of the new things they are doing. I am so excited and I cannot wait until I see you guys in May.

Myklind said...

Hey, So fun to read. Your girls are so cute.

Harper said...

That is a great post, Mel!

How is Indiana treating you?

Jess said...

i loved this melanie! especially since we don't see the kids that often its nice to see their different personalities! they are so cute! i love how kate loves her binki, and how hailey left her little slipper on the stairs!

Brad Anderson said...

Very cute!