Monday, March 10, 2008

Talk About Awesome Neighbors!!!!

John and I walked in our door from our date on Saturday and found two huge boxes!! I asked John if he had bought something and he said no. We found out that our neighbors had given us a brand new table and chairs from the Sur La Table....just because!!!!!! Our neighbors actually said they gave it to us because Kate loved theirs and thought she would love one of her own!We couldn't believe it!!!!! I had actually been saving up to buy a kid table for the kids, but no need now!
So thank you Mendenhall family, we love you guys! I officially owe you 10 years worth of chocolate chip cookies, although, no amount of cookies will ever pay you back!


9 comments:

Chantri said...

AWESOME neighbors indeed! That is so cute...I'd love one for my kids! :)

Fullmer said...

John and Mel,

Let us know when you plan on being in Utah next. I need to take some of John's cash out on the golf course.

Ben

Philip and Melissa said...

How do I get some of your neighbors??? The girls look so darling!

Emily Rigby said...

Melanie,
You have the best neighbors! Thanks Amy and Jason. I'm sure it is so fun for Hailey and Kate to have a table that is just their size.
Love, MOM

Rachel said...

Those are amazing neighbors. And the girls look so tickled in the pictures, how sweet! Congrats, Rachel

Jess said...

wow, that is amazing! i think everybody needs neighbors like that! i'm glad you guys blogged, i feel like i haven't talked to you in forever! we need to better at blogging! the girls are getting so big.

Arlene Heiner said...

Great Neighbors--what a fun surprise. I miss the kids (and you and John)so much. We definately need to keep up on the blogging--it's great, love ya

Logan and Lisa said...

Oh Mel,
That is so dang cute! It looks like they are just loving it. That reminds me of when we were growing up and mom and dad had that little table for us that we loved sitting at in the kitchen.
Miss you guys.

Sharp family said...

Lucky you! I bet they had just has much fun giving it, as you have had with it! What good friends!
Bec