Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"Cheesy" Popcorn



Just wanted to thank Nana for the CARMEL popcorn recipe. I had never made it until just recently. Although we used to call it SNOTTY popcorn, Hailey likes to call it CHEESY popcorn, so that is our new name for it.
Here is the recipe:
In a frying pan boil for 3 minutes, constantly stirring
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup Karo syrup
Pour over popcorn (not exactly non-fat, oops)



This is a random picture I took a while ago. Hailey put her glasses on her head because she wanted to look "just like my mommy."
I'm really not trying to mock, (this is the preschool Hailey will be attending in the Fall) but wouldn't you agree this is pretty funny?

4 comments:

Logan and Lisa said...

Thank-you Mels! Mom's snotty popcorn is my favorite and I am glad I have the recipe now because I have always wanted to make it. Logan is a huge fan of just the regular butter and salt popcorn, but for me it's all about the sugar. (:

Arlene Heiner said...

Looks like yummy popcorn. Loved the picture of Hailey

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have to explain the horrible name for the popcorn. It was named by one of Ryan's friends out of love. In fact, when Jason Gundersen arrived home from his mission, that was his first request at the Rigby home was "snotty popcorn." It is still just yummy caramel corn to me. It's optional but you can also add sliced almonds to the mix. Mom

Jess said...

i'm going to have to make that popcorn i think so I can gain some more of my baby weight back...haha. Around there there are always those corney quotes and stuff up at every church. they are so funny to read i think.