Friday, August 24, 2007

Clearwater Beach Vacation 2007





Just some of the things we LOVED on our dream vacation: watching Hailey and Kate experience the beach for the first time, staying in our SWEEEEET house, cooking, grilling and EATING food, watching Hailey see the "Princess Castle" and all of the princesses for the first time, watching the movie we made for Dad for his birthday, swimming in our own personal pool, swimming in the ocean, watching John and Logan dive for seashells (they both cut their feet digging for them, they jumped out of the ocean quick to avoid sharks), watching Hailey run after birds on the beach, just hanging out and spending time with the fam, eating at Frenchy's (a little dive seafood restaurant, I tried clams for the first time, yuck!), shopping at Ross with the girls, walking on the beach with John and watching Hailey and Kate play with everyone.


....Still waiting for the family pictures from my mom in the mail, sorry this isn't the end of the pictures.


Our AWESOME beach house "dream house", I had to take some pictures of it because we loved it so much. Thank you Nana and Grandpa for finding such a cool place!



This place was so perfect for people with kids. It included not just this safety fence around the pool, but baby monitors, high chairs, strollers, umbrellas, beach toys, baby walker, baby toys, washer and dryer and an extra fridge. You name it....we had it!



















Hailey's "Princess Pose"


It was hilarious watching Hailey run after all the birds. I think she loved the beach more than anyone. Kate loved to eat the sand.






Thank you Mendenhall family for letting us borrow the darling princess dress!! It was perfect for the Pirate/ Princess party and Hailey couldn't get enough of it!



We had special tickets to a pirate/princess party that allowed us to stay in the park longer. During the party they had numerous places where the kids could dance and meet characters. Hailey would not take a nap but she obviously had plenty of energy to dance the night away! It was about the cutest thing I've ever seen. She really has some moves!










Hailey's Princess Castle!


After a long day at Disneyworld (10:00 am- 12:00 am, ya it felt like we had all run a marathon) let's just say were were SPENT.

On the way home Grandma gave Hailey some lipstuff to keep her occupied. She really had some fun with it!



4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness...what a wonderful time! The pictures are all just so wonderful, I hope you use the one of you in white on your Christmas card or something, it's absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing, and yes I would still like more :) Rachel

Sharp family said...

Yes I second Rachel! I still want more. Theya re so fun to look at. I LOVE the one of Hailey and Daisy Duck. I laughed out loud! We miss you guys so much! Although I am so glad we are blogging because It helps me feel so much more connected! I am so glad you had fun! Bec

Meg said...

Mel- I'm so glad you had so much fun. I love the fact that you have a little girl who loves to dress up as a princess. I still feel like that should be us in your basement at a sleepover. I love seeing you as a mom . You and your family are just too cute.

xoxo Meg

Arlene Heiner said...

Loved the pictures. It looked like you had so much fun. There is nothing like a good family vacation. I loved the picture of your family. the colors are great. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pictures