Monday, August 27, 2007

FIVE THINGS

Five Things I was doing ten years ago

1 Turning down a date to the prom with a Senior because I wasn’t sixteen yet.
2 Having a blast dancing on a competitive dance team called Jazz Attack
3 But being severely out of the loop when it came to school activities.
4 Working at my Dad’s carpet store as toilet scrubber/janitor
5 Watching and dancing to the beginning part of Adventures in Babysitting at Lexie's house. (I can't remember Meg, was that the year?)


My to-do list today

1 Teach piano lessons
2 Read Scriptures
3 Attempt to exercise (I have lost all motivation the last couple weeks)
4 Order wheat on Emergency Essentials online with my gift certificate
5 Do something fun with my kids without getting sidetracked (Even if it means feeding the fish in our neighborhood pond some of our moldy bread. We did that the other day and the kids loved it).

Snacks I enjoy

1 Wheat Toast with butter or with peanut butter and jam
2 Adamame
3 Dried Mango’s
4 CHOCOLATE
5 Cinnamon bears (chocolate covered are my favorite)

Songs I know the lyrics to


1 Katharine Mcphee’s Over It
2 Any Carrie Underwood song
3 Any Whitney Houston song including the Bodyguard Soundtrack and my all time Whitney fave when I was a kid (I would literally make up my own personal music video and dance) “I Wanna Dance with Somebody”
4 Songs by the group Mae
5 Any Tim McGraw or Faith Hill song

Things I would buy if I was a millionaire

1 An entire new wardrobe
2 I would hire an interior decorator to remodel and refurbish my home making sure it was baby proof!
3 Buy John a black on black corvette year 97 or higher
4 Buy a Steinway Grand piano
5 I would put money into finding a cure for cold sores



Bad Habits

1 Ignoring my kids in an attempt to organize and clean my house
2 Staying up too late
3 Eating too many sweets
4 biting my fingernails
5 I have a hard time saying No


Things I would never wear again


1 Girbaud cuffed shorts
2 half up side hair-do using a scrunci
3 multi colored bands on my braces
4 high bangs
5 short shorts

Things I like to do


1. Sing
2 Play piano (without interruptions)
3 Shop and eat out!
4 Read
5 Listen to music

Favorite toys


1. GPS in my car
2. The new baby toy our neighbor’s gave us with the dancing monkey on the top of it that keeps the kids entertained for a couple minutes.
3. My sweet iron that I got on the home shopping network a couple years ago
4. My computer so I can BLOG haha
5. My piano


People I tag
Arlene
Becca
Rachel

MEG
Jess
Lisa
ANYONE who wants to do this!!

9 comments:

Our Family said...

Hello Hoosier Heiner's!! I love that song "I want to dance with somebody" I love it. I love your idea of listing things about your self!! We need to update our blog so bad but we will get there!! -Emmei

Hanna said...

That is so cute! I'm glad you guys are back - I missed your blog!

Arlene Heiner said...

Mel,
I've never understood this tag thing. Explain it to me. It was fun reading your blog. You're the greatest and we love you. Have a great day

Rachel said...

Glad to see you again! I also loved Whitney, I had her tape called "Love is a Contact Sport" and listed to it on my cool pink radio until it wore out! I didn't know you teach piano students, that's awesome! Rachel

Meg said...

Adventures in Babysitting!! LOL so funny- How many times did we watch that movie.... The good old days!!! MISS THEM

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

Mel, I can't get my comments to work... :-(

Chantri said...

Hey Mel! I saw your blog site listed on Car's blog and thought I'd take a peak. (I hope you don't mind!) Your family is beautiful. I really enjoy reading about what you are up to these days. It seems like it has been way to long since we've seen eachother. But I just wanted to say hi! -Chantri