Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Heiner Reunion


Wow, a ten day vacation sure goes by quickly!! I wish we were back there right now! Thanks to John and Arlene the Heiner reunion was a complete success.


Just a couple of things that I loved at the reunion include....


being with FAMILY (wahooooo!!), four wheeling rides, eating food, kid crafts, making reflector ovens, eating more food, watching movies, playing BINGO for gifts, watching John push Nick on the Gigantic swing, seeing Hailey play with her cousins, laughing as the kids pushed the button on the fish toy for the millionth time and seeing them dance to the music, watching Hailey find bugs to put in her bug catcher, watching Grandpa teach the kids how to paint, Addie playing with my hair, finding Hailey on the top bunk playing with Jane and Addie and hearing them all giggle as I walked up to spy on them, talking to my sisters in-law and mother in-law, and sitting around the campfire!!


My absolute favorite part of the trip was attending the temple with the adults. I never realized what a blessing it was to live so close to a temple!!


I'm waiting for the CD from my mom to post pics from Florida so don't get sick of looking at pictures just yet!!



Grandma made "Goo" for the kids to play with. It was a HIT!!






Playing on the top bunk!









The art class



Kate, Joy, and Miya



Each couple made a reflector oven as part of our "emergency preparedness" theme for the reunion, then each couple made a dessert to bake in our reflector ovens. Grandpa and Grandma made a delicious chicken dinner to go along with the desserts we made. The food was great!! Who would have thought a box wrapped in tin foil with hot coals could actually bake food?!

Daddy and the girls


Drew, Jordan, Jane, Addie and Hailey


8 comments:

Melissa said...

what a neat trip!! I think John's parents are amazing.

Rachel said...

Mel and John, those are such great pictures, I can't wait to see more of you all in Florida! Hailey is already showing her great talent, she looks so serious about her artwork, how darling! The pictures are all beautiful and the kids are growing so quickly! Miss you, Rachel

Meg said...

Mel,

I'm so glad you guys had a great time with the family. IT goes by fast but think of how fast the next get together will come :-) Glad your back to the blogging world. We missed you and your cute girls.

Ashley said...

It looks like you had a great vacation! The girls look like they had a blast :)

Brad Anderson said...

Johnny Boy! What are you too grown up to stop by and see you poor cousin? We got a Bulldog. We got him this week. How is Indiana? It's a nice place. While your lack of contacting us is not neat.

Brad Anderson said...

Johnny,

I can't believe you could come all the way out to Utah and not drop your good old cousin a line. The pain runs so deeply that I doubt it could be squelched by anything less than a hug. Wade and Derek tried to help the pain, but they just don't cut it at times like these.
How is Indiana? How is your dog. We just got a Bulldog last week. Our boys named him "Spike".
www.andersonfamilyrun.blogspot.com
I'm back in Utah working for Aesculap Neuro. We do Neuro Surgery equipment and instruments. It is nice! I really like the company.

Ang said...

I want to be like your in-laws someday. :) They rock. ALL the pictures are so much fun. Wow, I need another vacation! I've got to tell my mom about the place you stayed at in FL... way too perfect.

Arlene Heiner said...

Melanie, I haven't looked at blogs for several weeks. You have put so much on your blog it was so fun seeing all the pictures. I just miss the kids when I look at the pictures. You have a great family Mel we love you and John and are so grateful for such good parents for our grandkids. They are in good hands