Friday, February 26, 2010

Zelda and Beauty


Ok, so lately my little Hailey is full of ideas.
Today she wanted to make a puppet out of a sock.
Yarn, glue, ribbon and a couple of mismatched socks and there you have it....Zelda and Beauty, our new sock puppet friends.
And it only took twenty minutes for an entire evening of fun.
I need to stop what I'm doing more often that seems "important" and just play with my kids.
Yesterday Hailey said she wanted a big box to cut out windows and doors and paint flowers on.
Every day she seems to have a list of To Do's many of which involve crafts.
A usual list includes:
1. painting fingernails
2. Drawing pictures or coloring
3. Playing with babies
4. Eating lunch
5. Going to quiet time
6. Learning her letters
7. Playing beauty parlor
And the list goes on....

I have found myself caught up in chores and multiple other things most days.
More often than not my response is always...."Ok, let's do that tomorrow" and then I go back to folding laundry.


I looked at my kids today and couldn't believe how much they had grown overnight.
It scared me a little and made me realize how precious my little babies are.
And really if I had to choose between laundry and my girls, I choose them!
My mom memorized something that she has always loved and often recites to me.
(It has become my new motto )
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow
For babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep"



So messy house...bring it on!!!














On another note.... I love my husband! Thank you for being such a wonderful Daddy!




11 comments:

Addie Sharp said...

Mel....I miss you miss you miss you! Great post! I always need a reminder this way! Chores "seem so important some times and they just really aren't! You are the best! love you!

Lisa said...

I am going to post that quote on my refrigerator! Your pictures are beautiful Mel.

Edwards Family said...

I love that quote! We all need to be reminded of that! I love all your cute pictures. Your girls are so cute and so much fun!

Edwards Family said...

I love that quote! We all need to be reminded of that! I love all your cute pictures. Your girls are so cute and so much fun!

Denise Rigby said...

I am so proud of little Hailey and her puppet making skills. What fun. The pictures are priceless. Thanks for the wonderful surprise Saturday morning. I love when you update your blog. You are an amazing mother. Love the quote by the way....it's so true. mom

Denise Rigby said...

fI need to leave another comment because I don't want to leave out how cute little Kate is smiling in the pics. Lilly is such a little doll being held by John too. Way to go John. I know how much you love all your little girls!

Aubrielle said...

You are such a great mom! Way to go on letting go! :)

Arlene Heiner said...

Great post Mel. I am so proud of the way you have the right perspective on being a mother. I hear you have an ear ache, I hope you are feeling better soon. Love you guys

Brad and Ann said...

you amaze me. i've never seen so many ruffles and pink and crafts and love in my entire life as i do observing
the heiner household. miss you, wish we were going on this trip together. someday, right?

Rachel said...

I love it Mel, I always kick myself for not doing more fun stuff with the kids. Seriously, 20-30 minutes is a small price to pay for a memory that may just last forever. The chores can wait, and they'll just need doing again the next day anyway.

Kate and Cole said...

You're such a good mom mel. And your baby is so beautiful!