Tuesday, August 18, 2009


Good bye Binky

 To say that Kate loves her binky is an understatement. She will be three years old in October and has only become more obsessed with time. 
 Yes, I have cut it, she continues to suck it.  Yes, I have hid it only to search for it at 3:00 am out of pure desperation. I have tried almost every trick in the book and nothing has seemed to work.
 A friend told me to try and tie it to balloons and allow Kate to let them float up to the sky. 
So three balloons later and only minor whining here and there Kate is officially four days binky-free. 
 I'm proud of you baby girl! I hope we don't find any more binky's around the house and we'll see what happens when baby #3 has a binky! Next goal....potty training!


  One last look


Dollar store prize for giving it up
Kate is convinced Tinker Bell has it!

9 comments:

Amber said...

how cute! Mel you have inspired me to at least try with Payson. He is also obsessed with his binky. It's so bad because it's me being selfish is why i don't want to get rid of it. It just keeps him happy and quiet.:) Good Job!

Charlotte said...

She is such a cutie pie! Tinkerbell has her bink - love it!

Mason Manor said...

Great idea Mel! Congrats to little Kate!

Wendi Oyler said...

Good idea and good job! I'm working on the bottle and I think it is harder for me than for Jax.

Rebecca said...

Good idea. What a big girl, tell her great job from us and we love her. My kids still ask to come to your house. We miss you. How is #3 treating you?

Heathelyn said...

What a big step! Malia was the same age when we finally got rid of hers and I was also worried that she might try to swipe Ainsley's since she was the baby then. But try as I did, I could never get Ainsley to take a binky. As hard as that binky was to get rid of for Kate, consider yourself lucky. Thumbs can't be sent off with a balloon! LOL.

Arlene Heiner said...

What a great idea. She is getting so big. I can't what to spend some time with them.

Denise Rigby said...

looking at those pictures of Kate watching her binky float up to "tinkerbell" are pretty tender. I love that little sweetie so much! Love, Nana Rigby

Jess said...

nice job mel! that's a great idea! hope it is still going well.