Saturday, August 22, 2009

Weird


Ok, I was convinced pregnant women with weird cravings were just making it up. I have no room to talk now. I know this is gross but after I'm done brushing my teeth I have this strong desire to swallow my toothpaste. No, I don't crave taking the toothpaste tube and slurping it down, just what is left in my mouth after I'm done brushing. Don't worry, I never do it, but I really want to. I have resorted to mint lifesavers. I just ate an entire pack. Am I the only one that is experiencing weird pregnancy cravings?



4 comments:

Kate and Cole said...

Oh Melanie that is hilarious! I would not blame you if you did swallow the toothpaste. You have to satisfy those cravings!

Rebecca said...

That is too funny. Toothpaste and mint made me gag when I was pregnant...I had to switch to cinnamon everything. I hope you are doing great. I miss you like crazy.

Teryn said...

Melanie,

Weird pregnancy cravings can sometimes be caused by iron deficiency. This condition can be called pica (most women crave dirt, laundry detergent, or chewing ice). Most likely not what you have, but it popped into my mind. Try eating more meat to see if it gets rid of your toothpaste needs. Sorry to interject such a weird comment but I was studying for my second part of my medical boards and was looking to see if you and Lisa had had your baby yet. Oh, and congratulations! Jason Gundersen
jasonteryn.blogspot.com

Kasi said...

I always crave those lifesavers when I am pregnant and right after I have a baby. So no, you're not weird!