Monday, May 7, 2007

Potty Success!!
I know this is a funny thing to talk about but it is a monumental moment for Hailey so I thought it would be good to document. Hailey went "potty" in the big toilet for the first time. She was running around without a diaper and unexpectedly ran to me and said, "Mommy, potty!" Sure enough, she was serious this time! I really wanted to make this post because I was wondering if anyone had some good advice for continuing the whole potty idea?? For right now I am excited for the possibility of one less child in diapers!!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Hi Mel- Very exciting about the potty moment. This makes me smile really big! I wanted to let you know I have a friend who is amazing with everything.... She has a site called "Ask Angie" she just wrote a post about potty training. You may use some ideas from there. Her website is below.

http://askmissangie.blogspot.com/

Hanna said...

Hey, that's so cool!

I didn't do much to teach G and A how to use the potty. Well, I tried a lot with G, but eventually just gave up and he did it himself when he was 2.5. Adeline was 2 years and 9 months, and she took a little more patience, just because it took her a lot longer to learn to go #2.

I think its important to not make a big deal out of the accidents (even the REALLY gross ones) because of the whole "conditional parenting" thing. (Remember the book? :p)

I'll send some potty-awareness vibes to Hailey :p and some 1-baby-in-diaper vibes to you ;)

Fullmer said...

Hey Hailey! Just wanted to let you know that we are going through the SAME thing with potty training right now with Brooklyn! She is actually starting to get the hang of it which makes me soooo excited! My big trick is just to make sure and let her know if she goes potty on the 'big potty' then she gets a toy (or a treat) and to make a huge deal out of it when she does! My frinend says to start out with fun toys and as they finally get it down to just give treats. Anyways, it's working for us so far! Good luck!
Aubrey