Thursday, July 5, 2007

Our Favorite Evening Activity
Catching Fireflies



Believe it or not I had never seen a firefly until we moved here. We are all fasinated with them, especially Hailey. Every night she reminds us that it is time to "go outside", "catch fireflies." I have to chuckle when every two seconds she says, "Mommy, I see one!" John is the official firefly catcher, (after a few lessons from our neighbor, ha, ha,)


Although she is fascinated with this little creature, she makes sure not to get too close. Every once in a while she will say, "I scared."






More Pics of Toby
Jess, these pictures are for you. Toby is getting big fast. Hailey and Toby are best buds.



Ahh, the good old days as a kid just spinning and spinning without a care in the world!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great new pictures. I remember when I went on Heritage Tours with the Bec and Deb that the boys would collect firefly and put needles through them and make necklaces. As sick as that sounds it was pretty cool. They would then give them to the girls. The girls thought it was icky. Thanks for the new pictures. Toby is big.
Love ya Mom Heiner

Jess said...

Yes I love toby!! He is so cute...i still remind Gio that bulldogs are my favorite, but i love lui too and he's perfect for us. Hailey is too cute! Where is Kate at? Bed? Fireflies are awesome though but you aren't as lucky as us because we get cockroaches here and geckos...in our house!

Melissa said...

I love fireflies too! We haven't caught any yet this year. Seeing Hailey with Toby makes me miss our dog!