Friday, July 27, 2007

The Pork Roast that Saved Me...(and the rest of the family)

Every time family leaves, it takes me a while to re-adjust to life without them. Which is why I had absolutely no desire to cook this week. When I say no desire, I mean it was a stretch for me to put together a peanut butter and jelly. That dreaded glance into the refrigerator was almost more than I could handle until I came upon a little bowl of joy whipped up by my absolutely amazing mother. A delicious pork roast!!! Not only was I grateful to eat something without having to cook, Kate, Hailey and John were able to enjoy its tasty goodness.
In short thank you mom for saving me this week! I love YOU!

By the way, this little cutie is CRAWLING!!!

Thank you Grandpa and Nana for stocking up our fridge with yummy treats from Costco! Hailey loves these Minute Maid frozen popsicles.

Lovin' life after a good meal!

4 comments:

Arlene Heiner said...

Melanie, Just know we all have had those kind of days. I remember many days I didn't want to cook anymore. You are a great mom

Arlene Heiner said...

Looking at those pictures of the kids sure get me excited about see them. Can't wait to see you

Sharp family said...

There have been way to many times I have had that empty look into the fridge wishing I was in the world of the hired house cook. (I would totaly go with the hired house clearner as well!) and might I add I would not feel one bit of gilt about it. On the same hand there is nothing better than to see your sweet family with full stomches because of you! So this can be the time in our lives when we openly ask ourselves "When and what has happened in my life that a surprise Pork Roast can make me so happy?"HE HE
I feel your pain/joy! Love ya, Bec

Anonymous said...

Melanie, I'm glad the pot roast came in handy. Cooking for someone else is always fun! Hailey and Katelyn are blessed to have you for a mother.
Love, Mom