Sunday, July 15, 2007

Toby's Bath


For those of you that know me I am not a huge animal person. (I am allergic to most animals, which just takes the fun out of having them or caring for them). I know, hard to believe after endless pictures of Toby on our blog. I am also not a fan of bathing Toby in our sink. Yuck!! (I have a germ phobia too). Anyway, John told me to take a picture because this is one of the last times he will have to bathe him in the sink. (he is getting too big). It was cute to see Hailey help scrub him. And on a side note thanks for scrubbing the sink with bleach Honey.


I do have to say that after having an English Bulldog as a pet I will never have another kind of dog. Bulldogs are lazy, so I don't have to walk him. They don't bark, so they aren't annoying. Plus they are gentle with kids, (mostly because they are so fat and lazy they just don't move a lot.) Toby has really grown on me and thanks to my smokin' hot husband I don't have to do a thing to care for him except for an occasional vet visit or potty break.


6 comments:

Arlene Heiner said...

John, it makes me nervous when you get so close to Toby's lips. The pictures are great

Jess said...

Your blog is so cute Mel! Toby is getting huge! Lui is still his 3 pounds..which is probably as big as he'll get. Toby and John have a huge resemblance that i've never seen before! i guess it's true that the owner starts to look like their pet! haha...looks like your swingset is a hit too!

Rachel said...

I'm with you Mel, people around here are obsessed with their dogs and can't believe we don't have pets. I just say, "I have kids, I can't do pets and kids both!" I have never been a dog or cat person but I know eventually we'll have to get something. Those are cute pictures though, I can't show them to Matt, he'd be too tempted, he LOVES bulldogs and has always wanted one. Rachel

JnR said...

I wasn't a huge fan of indoor dogs until we got ours and now I can't live without them! Since they are kinda small we found it easier to bathe them in our sink, but then I also have one of those big ones (not divided). Toby is a cute dog.

Sharp family said...

Hey, love the pics! I think if you lived close Remi and Toby would be friends! Can you believe with a dad that is so anti dog inside, 3 of his 4 children have left the force of anti dog in house team! Funny!!

Meg said...

Meg- I just love Toby, He is so cute!